27 January 2018, DNA Day at Columbus, sponsored by the Franklin County Genealogical and Historical Society, 9 am – 5 pm, held at the Columbus Metropolitan Library (Main Branch), 96 S Grant Ave, Columbus, Ohio. Registration is required, click here to see more details and register by 19 January 2018.
28 February – 3 March 2018, RootsTech 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah. Amie will be presenting three lectures on the following days and times.
- “Deed You Hear About These Underutilized Records?” Wednesday, 11 am, Ballroom F
- “Deed You Hear About These Underutilized Records?” Thursday, 11 am, Ballroom E
- “Get Twitterpated with Twitter for Genealogy” Friday, 1:30 pm, Room 251 D
24 Mar 2018, Routes for Roots Workshop, sponsored by the Miami County Historical and Genealogical Society, held at Fort Piqua Hotel, 308 N. Main St., Piqua, Ohio, 8 am – 3 pm. Registration is required, click here for registration details. Amie will be presenting the following two classes:
- “Secrets & Clues Hidden in the 1790-1840 US Censuses”
- “Habits of the Effective Genealogist”
11 April – 14 April 2018, Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference, “Blazing New Trails.” Being held at the Hyatt Regency, 350 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio. Registration required, click here for more information and to register. Amie will be presenting the following three classes:
- “Advanced Search Techniques for Proof of Parentage,” Wednesday workshop, seats limited, registration required.
- “Secrets Hidden in the 1790-1840 US Censuses,” Friday session.
- “Get ‘Twitterpated’ with Twitter for Genealogy,” Saturday session.
28 Apr 2018, 22nd Annual Family History Jamboree, 8 am – 4 pm, 901 E. Whipp Rd., Centerville, Ohio. Free, all-day event! Space is limited, so registration is requested. Click here for more details and to register. Amie will be presenting the following three classes:
- “Google Your Way to Genealogy Success”
- “Crowdsourcing with Social Media”
- “Have You Seen Me? Missing Children and Proof of Parentage”
11 Aug 2018, Montgomery County Genealogical Society hosts a genealogy lecture at Dayton Metro Library, 215 E. Third St., Dayton, Ohio. 1 pm – 2 pm, topic to be determined. Free to the public.
15 Aug – 18 Aug 2018, Northwest Genealogy Conference, Byrnes Performing Arts Center, 18821 Crown Ridge Blvd., Arlington, Washington. Registration required. For additional information and registration details, click here. Amie will be presenting a three hour “Beginning Genealogy” course held on Wednesday at this 4-day event.
19 Sep 2018, Warren County Genealogical Society hosts lecture titled “Deed You Hear About These Underutilized Records?” 7:30 pm, being held at the Phillippi Meeting Room, Campus Center, Otterbein Retirement Community, 585 N. State Route 741, Lebanon, Ohio. Free to the public.
6 Oct 2018, “Habits of the Effective Genealogy Strategist,” Xenia Library, 76 E. Market St., Xenia, Ohio, 1:30 pm. Free to the public.
13 Oct 2018, hosted by Clark County Genealogical Society, 11:30 am, place and topic to be determined.
27 Oct 2018, Indiana State Library presents all-day genealogy event titled “Digging Up the Dead.” 315 W. Ohio St., Indianapolis, Indiana. More details to come.